Yesterday, I had a short lunch cum discussion with colleagues. Because of the whether we were looking for a place with air-conditioning and close to our office. Then one of my colleague suggested that we go to Restaurant Lin (Lorong 7 Koay Teow Theng). I have there 2 times prior to this, and the food has basically not change much, may more variety but not the taste.

That afternoon, we had 2 Koay Teow Theng, 1 Ramen, 1 plate of poach vegetable, 1 plate of white chicken, and 2 servings of something deep fried.

The chicken looks quite nice but taste wise is a bit average and blend although accompanied with the sauce.



The soup base for the Koay Teow Theng is just normal like those found in hawker centres. But the mince meat was really not my type, I prefer those with texture and juicy.


The Ramen looks appetising but is it good, I don't know for sure. It was my female colleagues.

Not much could be said about the food there, they just near average. But the place is quite well know by the locals there.On thing to mention is that they have improve the atmosphere there. It used to be a common kopitian, but it has transformed in to something like Hong Kong style cafes.

On average, I would give this place:

  • 3/5 for value (the total bill was only RM 30+ for 3 pax with drinks)
  • 3/5 for taste
  • 3/5 for service
  • 3/5 for cleanliness
  • 3.2/5 for atmosphere (due to the improvements)

6 comments

  1. Steven Goh // October 16, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

    ya the 7 long koay teow theng. I haven't been there for very long time. I was there almost every evening when I was working on my previous company. Koay teow that kinda different I find compare to the rest of stall when last time.

  2. Christina Kim // October 16, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

    Nice sharing, I've been to Chai Leng Park before but not here:)
    Hehehe...will add it to my list to bring people next time;)

  3. CRIZ LAI // October 16, 2008 at 7:38 PM  

    Won't know for sure how it taste like from the photos. Maybe I would just pop in to have a taste whenever I'm there for appointment.

    http://crizfood.blogspot.com/

  4. New Kid on the Blog // October 16, 2008 at 8:37 PM  

    :) I blogged about this place... anyway, Ramen is something a new menu down there, never have before.

  5. cariso // October 17, 2008 at 4:05 PM  

    It doesn't 'look' very yummy from the pics. Photos are deceiving?! :)

  6. Penang Tua Pui // October 19, 2008 at 10:53 PM  

    your post make me hungry.... dun wan to come liao..